Yosemite Day Tour
Famed for its giant, ancient sequoia trees, towering Bridalveil Fall, & the granite cliffs!
Yosemite Day Tour
The drive to Yosemite Valley is approximately 3 ½ to 4 hours in length. There will be a brief rest stop halfway to the valley. While on board the bus, your tour guide will provide narration and you will see such sights as:
Bridal Veil Falls
Once in the valley, you will be able to enjoy up to 3 hours of leisure time to explore the park. You can walk to the base of Yosemite Falls, check out the visitor center, visit the Ansel Adams Gallery, stop in at the Ahwahnee Hotel, rent a cruiser bike, or hike some of the trails that originate from the valley. Although you could spend three weeks in Yosemite, the three hours you get on your own is enough time to understand why Yosemite is one of America’s most popular national parks.
Hiking “Just HIKE and be HAPPY!”
One of the best ways to experience Yosemite is by taking a hike with its over 800 miles of trails. Carry plenty of water, do not smoke, make sure to stay on the trails, stay with the group, & with your tour guide, & always travel carefully. Get back to nature!
El Capitan & Half Dome
El Capitan – rising over 3,000 feet above the floor of Yosemite Valley, is a favorite for experienced rock climbers. El Capitan is opposite Bridaveil Fall.
Half Dome – is perhaps the most recognized symbol of Yosemite. Rising nearly 5,000 feet above the Valley floor, it is one of the most sought-after landmarks in Yosemite.
- 6:45am - Depart San Francisco
- 7:15am - 10am - Heading east across the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge offers great views of the San Francisco skyline, Alcatraz Island, Fisherman’s Wharf, and the Golden Gate Bridge. En route to the park we cross through the Central Valley, the largest agricultural region in the United States and famous for its rich volcanic soil. The section we drive through is best known for specialty fruits and nuts such as almonds, walnuts, cherries, and strawberries. We will make a stop at a fruit stand where you can experience the local produce. After this quick rest stop, we drive into the rolling foothills of the Sierra Nevadas.
- 10:00 am – 11:30am - Continuing into the mountains brings us to California gold country and through towns that began during the gold rush before we wind our way into Yosemite National Park. Your guide will provide history, stories, and practical information as you enter Yosemite’s glaciated valley. Because of our small group size, we can incorporate multiple photo stops into our tour so you can better enjoy your time in the park.
- 12:00pm - During the tour you will see Yosemite Valley from a number of great vantage points, perhaps the best of which is a photo stop at Tunnel View. At 4,500 feet above sea level, this viewpoint gives you a spectacular view looking east into the valley.
- 12:45pm - From the drop off location, you will have approx. 3 hours of free time to explore the valley as you choose. You can walk to the base of Yosemite Falls, check out the visitor center, visit the Ansel Adams Gallery, stop in at the Ahwahnee Hotel, rent a cruiser bike, or hike some of the trails that originate from the valley. Although you could spend three weeks in Yosemite, the three hours you get on your own is enough time to understand why Yosemite is one of America’s most popular national parks.
- 3:30pm - Regrouping again in the late afternoon, we head back to San Francisco, stopping for a short break before arriving back in the city.
- 8:30pm – 9:00pm - Arrive back in San Francisco.